The #eWorkshop on Upcycled Proteins 2020
The #eWorkshop on Upcycled Proteins was an online interactive event that gathered relevant EU projects—like Greenprotein, Pro-Enrich, Valuewaste or Scalibur— and market and legislation experts to present experiences, insights and best practices. It was divided into 3 parts: proteins from industry by-products; proteins from urban biowaste and market & legislation.
The research community and the business sector were invited to attend and benefit from the knowledge exchange and networking opportunity.
Date: 28 May 2020
Download the presentations
PART 1: PROTEINS FROM INDUSTRY BY-PRODUCTS
- GreenProtein, Green leaves, a great source of functional proteins – Marcel van der Vaart (Royal Cosun)
- Pro-Enrich, Valuable biorefining of rapeseed protein – Anne Christine S. Hastrup (Teknologisk Institut)
13:30 PART 2: PROTEINS FROM URBAN BIOWASTE
- Scalibur, Applications of protein from insects in food and feed industry – Lucian Miron (Zetadec).
- Valuewaste, Insects as a source of raw materials – Juan Cortés (Entomo Agroindustrial).
- Valuewaste, An overview of new potential feed and food ingredients – Michael Jensen (Unibio).
PART 3: UPCYCLED PROTEINS, MARKET AND REGULATION
- AINIA, Global protein market. Strategies & tendencies– Encarna Gómez (AINIA Technology Centre)
- AINIA, Novel foods, regulation in the EU – Jose María Ferrer (AINIA Technology Centre)
Watch the videos