In Innovarum, we are pleased to announce the start of the LIFE Multi-AD 4 AgroSMEs project, coordinated by the Spanish company AEMA – Agua, Energía y Medioambiente Servicios Integrales, which gathers 5 partners of 3 different countries across Europe.
LIFE Multi-AD 4 AgroSMEs aims to design and industrialise an anaerobic digestion reactor capable of economically treating wastewater discharged by small companies operating in Europe’s food and drink sector.
The design of the Multi-AD reactor is patented by AEMA and its production will be customized and on demand (with a capacity between 25 and 500 m3) depending on the needs of each client. This technology will reduce both the environmental impact of agri-food SMEs and the operating costs derived from the treatment and management of their waste.
The project is already taking its first steps: on September 12, the official launching of the projects where the tasks and activities are currently being executed as well as those planned for the following months were reviewed. In addition, the Dissemination and Communication Plan was presented and the administrative and financial rules of the LIFE program were analyzed in depth with the aim of establishing the management policy that will be followed during the execution of the project.
In addition, the consortium also had the project’s Kick-off Meeting, during the LIFE Programme’s annual meeting, at the European Commission’s headquarters in Brussels, on November 6-7.Multi-AD 4 AgroSMEs has been funded under the LIFE programme, the EU’s financial instrument supporting environmental, nature conservation and climate action projects, under the topic “Environment and climate action”.
- Acronym: LIFE Multi-AD 4 AgroSMEs
- Project title: High performance multiphase anaerobic reactor for agroindustrial wastewater treatment
- Reference: LIFE 17 ENV/ES/000331
- Coordinated by: AEMA – Agua, Energía y Medioambiente Servicios Integrales S.L.U.
- Consortium: 5 partners from 3 different countries: Agua, Energía y Medioambiente Servicios Integrales S.L.U – AEMA (Spain), Aragón Technological Institute – ITAINNOVA (Spain), Purines Almazan S.L – PURAL (Spain), Societatea de Inginerie Sisteme S.A – SIS (Romania) and Institutions et Stratégies -I&S (France)
- Duration: 01-SEP-2018 to 28-FEB -2022
- Budget: 2,177,143.00 €
- Total EU contribution: 1,301,386.00 €