The Bio Based Industries (BBI) Public and Private Partnership opened yesterday its annual call for proposal. The annual call for this year moves away from a strict biomass feedstock ‘push’ based on the traditional value chains, towards a demand for biomass to enable processing to respond adequately to a ‘pull’ from the end markets. In this new call there are 4 main strategic orientations: Feedstock, Process, Products, and Market uptake.
The call for 2017 is the fourth in a total of seven calls between 2014 and 2020. The call for this year has a budget of € 81 M which is significantly lower than the budget allocated in previous year. The budget is expected to increase in the coming years to a top in the last call.
As in previous years, the call provides funding for different type of initiatives divided in 3 groups:
- Research and Innovation Actions (RIA) – Actions primarily consisting of activities aiming at establishing new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or improved technology, product, process, service or solution to specific value chain technological barriers. Up to TRL 5
- Innovation Actions (IA; Flagship and DEMO) – Actions primarily consisting of activities directly aiming at producing plans and arrangements or designs for new, altered or improved products, processes or services. TRL 6-7. See as example our project GreenProtein (link)
- Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) – Accompanying measures (standardisation, dissemination, policy dialogues etc.) no research
- Call closure: Thursday 7 September 2017, 17:00 CET
- Proposal evaluations (indicative): October – November 2017
- Results sent to applicants (indicative): December 2017
More details in topics and budget in the BBI Annual Work Plan 2017
–> Contact us if you are interested in this call. We can help you!